Intelligent, Qualified, Experienced, Hardworking, God-fearing, Family Man
2 nd District, Cagayan de Oro City, 2007- present
Centrist Democratic Party of the
Misamis Oriental, 1984-1986
SENIOR BOARD MEMBER
Misamis Oriental, 1980-1984
COMMISSIONER, BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION
July, 1998 - January 25, 2001
RODRIGUEZ, CASILA & ASSOCIATES
1988-present (on leave)
INTERNATIONAL POSITIONS HELD:
Academy on American & International Law Dallas, Texas, U.S.A., 1993
World Association of Law Students (WALS), based in Washington D.C., U.S.A., 1977
- Doctor of Public Administration, Honoris Causa, Mindanao University of Science & Technology, Cagayan de Oro City, April 2014
- Certificate, 17 th Session of the
RhodesAcademy of Oceans Law and Policy,Rhodes, Greece, July 2012
- Doctor of Laws, Honoris Causa, University of
Negros Occidental-Recoletos,Bacolod City, May 2012
- Certificate, Summer Courses on Public International Law, The Hague
Academy of International Law,The Hague, Netherlands, July 2011
- Doctorate of Humanities (Civil Law) Honoris Causa, Central
MindanaoMusuan, Bukidnon, March 2011 University,
- Certificate, Leaders in Development, John
F.Harvard Kennedy School of Government, University, June, 2009 Boston, U.S.A.,
- Masters of Laws (LL.M.), Columbia University
May, 1995, Harlan Fiske Stone Honors (Magna Cum Laude) School of Law, New York, U.S.A.,
- Certificate, Academy on American and International Law, Dallas,
Texas, U.S.A., 1993
- Master of Arts in Economics, High
Pass (with High Distinction)Xavier University, Cagayan de Oro, April, 1984
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) April, 1980, 7 th in Graduating Class; Member: Purple Feather Honor Society, U.P. Law Alumni Scholar. 17 th Place, 1981 Bar Examinations University of the
Philippines, Quezon City, Philippines
- A.B. Economics, De La Salle University,Summa Cum Laude & Jose Rizal Honors Awardee, Manila, April, 1975
Cagayan de Oro City, 1971 Xavier University High School,
Cagayan de Oro City, 1967 Xavier University Grade School,
- Twenty Most Outstanding Congressmen Award by the Superbrand Marketing International, Inc., February, 2013
- Ten Most Outstanding Congressmen of the
Philippines Award by thePublishers Association of the Philippines, Inc., June 2012
- Gold Vision Triangle Award, Highest Award given by the YMCA of the
- Ten Most Outstanding Congressmen 2008, Congress Magazine
- Most Outstanding Alumnus Award by De La Salle University, 1999
- 75th Anniversary Most Outstanding Alumnus Award for Public Service by
Xavier University, 2008
- Most Outstanding Alumnus Award conferred by the Xavier University Ateneo de Cagayan Alumni Association, 2001
- Most Outstanding Public Official Award by the Consumers Union of the
Philippines, September, 1999
ACHIEVEMENTS AS CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY'S 2ND DIST. REPRESENTATIVE
A total of 1.2 Billion was secured from DepEd, Public Private Partnership, Filipino-Chinese Federation of Commerce and Industry, Aboitiz Company, Smart Company, SM Foundation, AMOSUP, PAGCOR, OWWA, and Rotary Club through the efforts of Congressman Rufus Rodriguez.
- More than 900 classrooms were constructed and repaired
A total of P80 Million was secured from Congressional Funds amd CHED for scholarships and financial assistance to college students.
- 11,250 college students were given scholarships and financial assistance
Authored RA 9519 converting the Mindanao Polytechnic State College into a State University, now known as the Mindanao University of Science and Technology (MUST) Providing Kagay-anons a better public University in terms of infrastructure and quality education.
Employment and Livelihood
A total of 36.7 Million was secured from Department of Labor and Employment through the efforts of Cong. Rufus Rodriguez.
- P12 Million for Workers' Income Augmentation Program
- P7.5 Million for the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES)
- P17.2 Million for Tulong Pangkabuhayan sa Displaced Workers (TUPAD)
A total of 12,300 families were given livelihood projects from DSWD and DOLE funds.
A total of 80 Million was secured from the DENR through the efforts of Congressman Rufus Rodriguez for thematic tree planting programs which includes upland, urban, mangrove and riverside tree planting. Another 37 Million for the 3,000 hectares reforestation program in Cagayan de Oro City under RA 10541 which Cong. Rufus Rodriguez and Cong. Maxie Rodriguez authored.
A total of 300 Million was secured from the Department of Agriculture through the effort of
Congressman Rufus Rodriguez.
- P250 Million for concreting of 30 kilometers farm to market roads for the farmers of 2nd District.
- 50 Million was spent for tractors, livestock and seeds to assist in the productivity of farmers.
35 Million was secured from the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources through the effort of Congressman Rufus Rodriguez which gave fish cages, fishing boats and fishing nets to assist the fishermen of District 2.
A total of 12 Billion infrastructure budget was secured for Cagayan de Oro City through the effort of Congressman Rufus Rodriguez from 2007-2015. From this, a total of 122,586 linear meters of roads were concreted.
- 122 kilometers of national and barangay roads were concreted.
- Concreting and drainage of Apolinar Velez Street.
- Concreting of North and South DV Soria streets.
- Road widening of 5th and 6th lanes of National Highway from Lapasan to Bugo.
- Construction of drainage system in the national roads and highways.
- Erection of 7 pedestrian overpass in our National Highway.
- Construction of 4 kilometers concrete flood control dike in CDO River.
- Nearing completion:1.5 Billion CDO Coastal Bypass Road & Boulevard along the Macajalar Bay Shoreline from Gusa to Lapasan to Macabalan Pier and Puntod-Kauswagan bridge.
- Concreting of almost all barangay roads in the 2nd District
- Concreting of sitio pathways through bayanihan system where barangay officials provide the sand and gravel, residents provide labor and Congressman Rufus Rodriguez provides the cement.
- Currently constructing: Eastern Interior Highway that will extend J.R. Borja Extension to Sayre Highway in Puerto.
- Currently constructing: CDO to Laguindingan alternate highway from Balubal to Kibaghot that will lessen the travel time from Cagayan to Laguindingan by 15 to 20 mins.
- Currently Constructing: Macabalan-Bonbon Bridge from the mouth of CDO River & Macasandig-Balulang Bridge.
A total of 600 Million from the Department of Health was secured through the effort of Congressman Rufus Rodriguez for the construction and renovation of 26 Barangay Health Centers, the J.R. Borja Hospital and Northern Mindanao Medical Center
- 54,500 patients were given assistance for medical treatment and Medicines from Congressional funds and from DSWD upon the recommendation of Cong. Rufus Rodriguez in Northern Mindanao Medical Center and J.R. Borja Memorial Hospital and St. Ignatius Clinic.
Authored RA 10677 increasing the bed capacity of Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) from 300 to 600 beds.